We are currently seeking 10-14 young men and women from our club to serve as Athlete’s Leadership Council members for the 2019-20 season.
The Athlete’s Leadership Council is a new initiative that was created to give athlete’s a seat at the table; so we can hear from you about what you like, dislike, would like to help improve within our club. It will also give athlete’s an opportunity to practice and learn additional leadership skills, as you take on different projects.
Please review the qualifications and responsibilities below to learn more about what it takes to be a council member, and the responsibilities that you will be given if you are selected to join the council for the upcoming season. If you are interested, or have any questions, please contact Felicity Day at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ideal Council Member:
- Is committed to the Steel Sports core values: Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, and Commitment
- Is a strong communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Is willing and able to engage coaches, administrators, and other adults in conversations on challenging topics
- Seeks out creative solutions to problems
- Seeks to create positive outcomes for those around them
- Consistently develops and maintains positive relationships with their teammates, their coaches, officials, and administrators
- Has a desire to assume positions of leadership within their team and their community
Council Member Responsibilities:
- Model the Steel Sports core values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Commitment
- Actively engage in discussions during four face-to-face meetings with the Athlete’s Council Facilitator
- Represent all athletes and voice their thoughts, opinions, and concerns during face-to-face meetings and discussions with coaches, staff, and administrators
- Seek out, identify, and pitch opportunities to improve the athlete’s experience
- Lead the execution of approved projects and community service efforts
- Communicate important announcements and decisions to teammates and coaches